Friday, August 26, 2011

Cocktail = Palenque


"I found myself caught in a dream about the lost tribes of the Maya and Inca last night - undoubtedly due to my recent overdoses of The History Channel. Knowing that I needed to post more cocktails on the blog, combined with my anticipation of my DJ friend from L.A. contributing music pairings to "all things alcoholic in nature", it seemed fitting that I create something that had the pinnings of some sort of tribute to Central and South America, which of course led me to tequila - figuratively, not literally. Hating the thought of a Margarita and wanting to keep some sort of local flavor - this is what I came up with. This tequila cocktail is crisp and fresh with undertones of botanicals, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and rooibos tea provided by the addition of Snap - an Art in the Age ginger spirit from Philadelphia Distilling." - Corey

what you need:
Espolón Blanco Tequila, 2 oz.
Art in the Age Snap Liqueur, 3/4 oz.
Lime Juice, fresh, 1/2 oz.
Agave Nectar, 1 Tsp. 

Honey, 1 tsp.
Mint Leaves, fresh, 2 each
Jarritos Tamarind Soda, 1 oz.

how you make it:
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker tin.
2. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds to break up the mint leaf 
and 
release the oils.
3. Double strain over cube ice into a double old fashioned glass.
4. Top with Tamarind soda.