Chicken or Vegetable Stock, 2 cups
Milk, 2 cups
Parmesan Cheese, ¾ cup, grated
Thyme, ½ bunch, minced
Parsley, ½ bunch, minced
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Mascarpone Cheese, 4 oz.
how you make it:
1. In a large pot combine water and milk, bring to a simmer.
2. When the mixture is simmering, slowly whisk in the polenta while raining it in through your fingers.
3. Slowly cook the polenta until it is completely smooth, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
4. When fully cooked, add the cheese, thyme, parsley, and salt and pepper.
5. Stir in the mascarpone cheese and serve.
note from corey: "To make polenta cakes, omit the mascarpone and pour the polenta into a lightly greased casserole dish. Refrigerate until solid and cut into cakes, saute."