what you need:
fresh papardelle pasta, 10 oz (see recipe on The Granary page of this blog)
cotechino, poached, crumbled, 8 oz
mousseron mushrooms, whole, clean, 4 oz
veal stock, 8 fl oz (or use the poaching liquid from the cotechino)
red wine, 6 fl oz
onion, finely chopped, 4 oz
carrot, finely chopped, 2 oz
garlic clove, minced, 1 ea
extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp
rosemary sprig, 1 each (leave whole)
thyme sprig, 1 each (leave whole)
black pepper, cracked, to taste
fleur de sel, to taste
butter, 1 Tbs
Highland Farm Dairy Romano, 3 oz (Pecorino di Moliterno is a good cheese for this dish as well)
how you make it:
1. In a sauce pot, sweat the onion, carrot, and garlic over medium heat in the olive oil.
2. When the carrots are tender and the onions translucent, deglaze the vegetables with the wine and reduce by 1/2.
3. Add the veal stock and reduce by 1/2 again.
4. Reduce the heat and stir in the butter.
5. In a smoking hot pan, place the mushrooms. The pan must be very hot. This is key to maintaining the texture of the mushrooms. After placing the mushrooms in the pan, add a touch of olive oil and the whole herbs on their stems. After a minute, discard the herbs and set the mushrooms aside on a plate.
6. Boil the pasta in salted water.
7. In the pan you cooked the mushrooms in, sear the poached cotechino in a little oil.
8. Deglaze with the stock and wine mixture and add the mushrooms and pasta.
9. Season to taste with the salt and cracked pepper.
10. Finish the dish with the Romano cheese and serve.
Get More Recipes Here
- Barista = Brewed Beverages of the Non-Alcoholic Variety
- Brain Drain = Thoughts + Views + Opinions + Ramblings
- Charcuterie = Sausage + Bacon + Ham + Salumi + Pate + Terrine + Confit
- Daybreak = Breakfast + Granola + Smoothie
- Fishmonger = Shellfish + Crustacean + Fish
- Food Photos
- Granary = Pasta + Grain + Rice
- Harvest = Roots + Fruits + Dressings
- Hasty Pudding = Pastry + Baking
- Hennery = Poultry + Fowl + Gamebird
- Nose to Tail = Beef + Pork + Game + Cuts the Butcher Keeps for Himself
- Saucier = Stocks + Soups + Sauces
- Snacks = Small Meals + Appetizers
- Soda Jerk = Beverages of the Non-Alcoholic Variety
- Videos = Informational + Instructional
- Whiskey Bar = Cocktails of an Alcoholic Variety