Sunday, January 2, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Bread
"This is the bread that set me on the path of becoming a chef. Ironically, it's held such fond memories for me that I haven't made it since I won the fair as a child - I suppose because it has always been kind of sacred." - Corey



Yield: 4 loaves
What You Need:
Zucchini (large), 2 1/2 lb.
Sugar, 1 1/2 lb.
Brown Sugar, 12 oz
Eggs, 12 oz. (6 each)
Baking powder, 3/4 oz.
Baking soda, 1/3 oz.
Salt, .5 oz.
Cloves, 1/8 oz.
Cinnamon, 1/8 oz.
Vegetable oil, 12 oz.
Bread flour, 1 1/2 lb.
Pastry flour, 4 oz.
Texas Pecans, chopped, 1/2 lb.
Raisins, chopped, 1/2 lb.

How You Make It:
1. Cut the ends off of the zucchini. Remove the seeds and grate the squash.
2. Combine all of the ingredients and mix with a whip for 5 minutes on high speed, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
3. Pour batter into greased loaf pans (or you can do muffins).
4. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.